Belly fat not only looks ugly but it affects your health adversely as well. Belly fat is nothing but visceral fat stored deep down amongst your organs all the while churning out stress hormones like cortisol and cytokines that affects the insulin production in our body thereby increasing the chances of type-2
diabetes. Hence, you should know how to reduce belly fat in a natural but effective way. There are different ab workouts that you can try to lose belly fat without much difficulty.
Today we are going to discuss some of these workout routines so that you can flaunt flat stomach in the next big gathering of your friends. Read on to know more:
Pilates it is:
Carrying out Pilates or yoga or core focused moves where the pressure will be on your tummy means that you will get a slimmer and flatter belly. To make that happen you need to do the following:
- Twist and turn: whenever you are twisting make sure that the movement happens from your bottom rib up. Make sure that your hips are still. This will exert a pressure on your belly fat thereby ensuring that you sweat at the right place.
- Tighten up: in each of your body movement you should feel the pressure so that you get the desired result. It should be something similar to wearing a tight skin fitting jeans.
- Exhale deeply: when you are carrying out the yoga postures or practicing Pilates make sure that you exhale properly. This will strengthen your abs and protect your lower back too.
Bridge opposite arm-leg reach:
This exercise will take of inches from your waist. And the best part is you can practice it anywhere, anytime. Wondering how to do it?
- Lie face up with your right leg extended towards the ceiling while your left knee is bent with the foot flat on the floor. Try to reach towards the ceiling with your left arm but don’t forget to keep your right arm by your side. Right arm should not be raised at all.
- Now open your raised leg to the right side and the raised arm to the left side. Make sure that you don’t move your hips or shoulders when you do this. They should be still. Try and concentrate on your abs instead. Do this for a minimum of 15-20 times before you switch the sides and repeat the entire exercise.
Low-belly leg reach:
This exercise is great when your aim is a flat stomach within the shortest possible time.
This exercise has been designed to target your corset and six pack areas.
Lie on your face up while your knees are bent at an angle of 90 degrees. Keep your hands behind your head and contract your abs. Keep your knee stacked over your hip and try to lift your shoulders and crunch up. Inhale properly and hold this position for at least 5 seconds.
Now exhale and spread your legs at an angle of 45 degrees. Hold this position for another 5 seconds squeezing your lower belly at the same time. Try out 2 sets comprising of 10-15 repetitions.
Try these ab workouts at home today if you wish to lose belly fat without visiting a gym or health center. They are really easy to do and can be carried out anytime, anywhere.